The best beef bone broth recipe is one that requires slow cooking for several hours. When you simmer the bones for hours, using low heat, then you are able to bring out the best flavor from the marrow in the bones.
One should also use ingredients of the highest quality. Be sure there are no bruises, nor cuts with grime in them, no brown spots and be sure they are tender and young. Sometimes when purchasing large carrots, one can only locate carrots with an ugly thick skin. If that’s all you can locate, then it’s best to go with smaller, higher quality carrots even if they do cost a bit more.
If at all possible, purchase the required vegetables from a farm so that they are as fresh as possible. This will provide a rathe intense flavor that will have dinner guests going WOW how did you make this!?
The Best Way To Make This Beef Bone Broth Recipe
The instructions are provided below, but they are a bit limited in detailed explanation. Each step in the cooking process is very important. You must use a rather large slow cooker, you must simmer for hours, and you must prepare the meat properly in the oven to bring out the flavorful juices better.
Do Not Burn The Bones
When roasting the bones in the oven, you need to be sure not to burn them. A crispy brown searing is fine, but you do not want any charred flavor at all.
Even the slightest charred flavor will become more intense the longer you simmer the bones in the broth. So be sure to toss the bones frequently to prevent burning.
Strain It Well
Once your broth is done, you should strain it carefully using a strainer and cheesecloth.
I sometimes strain my broth several times, to insure that no bits of meat, vegetables or scum get in the finished broth.
You want to continue straining it until it is a nice, clear broth, with nothing floating in it. Use fresh cheesecloth if you must.
This beef bone broth recipe is great to use in soups, stews, to make dirty rice and all sorts of other pleasant and tasty dishes!
Be sure to bookmark this recipe, because you will need it when making some of the soups and stews provided here at Grandmaws!
If you have any questions about the preparation of this broth, please leave a comment below and I will certainly respond! I look forward to hearing from you!
Beef Bone Broth Recipe
- 1 Slow Cooker 10 Quart is Best
- 1 Baking Pan
- 1 Strainer
- 4 Pounds Meaty Beef Bones Use bones with lots of marrow
- 1/2 Pound Veal Bones
- 2 Pounds Stew Meat
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion Cut into 8 quarters
- 3 Large Carrots Slices that are 1 inch thick
- 2 Large Celery Ribs Slices that are 1 inch thick
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic Peeled
- Preheat oven to 375
- Rup the olive oil over the meats and bones, roast in oven for 45 minutes, tossing frequently to prevent burning.
- Place the meat and all other ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover all ingredients completely with water.
- Cook on high until the liquid is bubbling well, then turn slow cooker down to simmer.
- Simmer for 12 hours in the slow cooker.
- Once it is done simmering, strain the stock using the strainer and some cheesecloth. Strain it into a large stock pot.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool. This will allow the beef fat to solidify on the top of the broth.
- Remove the fat from the chilled broth.
- Boil the broth down to your liking, to make for a more flavorful and meatier broth.
- You can store your broth in the freezer for up to 3 months.